Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Blood+

So I've watched this 50-episode series... and I'm gonna write a brief review of it... just so to write off this life-wasting chapter in my life.

This took an exceeding amount of time... altho only within 3 days ... I didnt sleep much, and nothing productive, needless to say, was accomplished during this mind-numbing anime session. Time to do some justice.

So I began watching this mostly because I wanted to see a vampire-based anime (and after I watched this I subsequently watched Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - GOOD movie). So I began this series. It's quite slow at first, and the stories are relatively detached... but I LUVED the flashbacks... and it was quite artistically formed together, like mosaic. I appreciate the art work... definitely anime, but some realistic features, like BLOOD (yes bloooood), are very well done. I've seen Blood the Last Vampire... and altho the two are completely different in story, and general feel... I luv them equally for what they separately are.

Blood+ is more... PG. Not that there's no blood... sure there is plenty, and a rape scene (implied) no less. But the more anime-like drawings and lighter mood makes it pretty tamed. That is something I did not like. It's not vampire/dark/scary enough. But to its target audience, it's definitely a pretty good show... I lasted through 50 eps of it... it must be good =P

Plot - very well done. The past and present link nicely together. Although it was PRETTY predictable wuz going to happen, esp near the end... the amount of people that died and such were not. OOOO SOLOMON!!! The supposed "love triangles" and relationships are quite unorthodox... although I did not like the eventual (albeit implied, not rlly) pairings... w/e it was at the very end, so not much suffering on my part. Hehehe.

Characters - very vivid. each character stayed with personality, and each are pretty unique and likable. Character formation in terms of physical attributes and connection to storyline is very well done as well... I enjoyed the Queens concept. But the ending blood not working because of pregnancy... geez... that's pathetic. XD

Anyway I liked the main character, Saya. My favourite secondary character is Solomon. I LOVE THEM!!! WHY DOES HE HAVE TO DIE!!! AND SUCH A PATHETIC DEATH TOO!!!

Okay, enough of that.

Anyway, I'll review some more stuff... for my own benefit.

-L

No comments: