Friday, November 21, 2008

Major Effing Issues.

Okay, so this is the first weekend where I don't have a midterm to study for on monday...
but that's not saying much considering next week is the last week of classes... >.> so my prog is f'ed up. XD

But saying that just makes me feel even more stupid and useless... because I have not yet accomplished anything <.< ...

It's not that I don't want to. It's probably because I have no courage. But mostly it's because I am frozen. And I run. Yes I'm a moving snowperson >.> My humour is gone to hell recently too... so that's probably not a good sign... When that leaves me, I might as well be nonexistent.

Must drown self in sorrows by shopping until my checkbook bleeds XD no, but prolly not. XD

Anyway I'm seriously considering the chicken way out of this... to partially ease myself, but it's sooo against my dignity... >.> sigh, I dont think I have much of that left either.
But maybe that's a good thing.

Anyway, 3 more assignments + Presentation, and iz EXAM TIME.

Can't wait for first semester to be over.

Can't wait for a new beginning. Maybe then I can change.

-L

6 comments:

Steven said...

don't give up! ppl still have faith in you :P
lol ... i'm gonna try to not say "i told you you shud've came for commerce"....lol jk, i never said u shud've came anyhow. XD

but I must say...don't take this too harshly...i find it kind of bad taste that there are a LOT of engineered programs in waterloo...if we've learned anything from the financial crisis...it's that introducing too many complex instruments too quickly are usually not good for ppl. it's just a shame...

William said...

Well, you just need courage to do one thing: get out of the "stressful" cycle that occurs in most individuals in university. It is a general phenomenon for all programs.

One reason why everyone is stressed in midterms and exams is that people tend to forget what they learnt yesterday. One reason why everyone is stressed in assignments is because they procrastinate. Reasons are simple to identify but hard to rectify, because it is human nature.

Hm, Steven, it appears you have something to say about the cause of the financial crisis. Can you elaborate on that?

Unknown said...

yea steven, please elaborate, i kindaf went WTF at "if we've learned anything from the financial crisis...it's that introducing too many complex instruments too quickly are usually not good for ppl."

Steven said...

lol it was supposed to be a cute analogy...but i see we've overblown everything i say...again. :P

obviously the analogy isn't perfect, but what i meant to say is that a specialized program acts surprising like a financial instrument...sure, the person designing it perfectly "understands" it - the benefits, the risks, who shud take/use it, who shudn't take/use it...etc. however, most users of the instruments have no clue what they're getting into...which is kinda like a lot of the banks/investors we've seen getting fucked in the ass atm...or students bemoaning at waterloo programs....or specialized programs in general, really. highschoolers have no clue what's ahead of them...and it's mostly a hit and miss when they sign up for it. they love it, or they hate it. the problem with specialized programs is that the impact of missing is much greater then general programs...which is pretty much like leverage. there's nothing wrong w/ the instrument...it's just that when u adopt it too fast w/o knowing much abt it, you're bound to come crashing down eventually. (not saying that's happening to you, lillz lol....this is where my analogy stops)

now,
1) i am not advocating for liberal arts by any means
2) it's just a cute analogy becuz i assumed u guys cud've also drawn that connection given ur superior finance knowledge
3) i've just wasted 10 minutes of my life writing this. boo. =P

Boggled said...

steven, that analogy is awesome =) basically what you described for financial crisis/instrument my dad described to me... but I like the connection b/w it and specialized programs. heheh seems right to me.

yawr I dont think I've necessarily "missed" just I'm stumbling a lil bit going towards the goal... I s'pose =) iz all good.

I'm doing well. thx for the concern and the "cute" analogy =) it made me smile.

Unknown said...

this is the clearest explanation of the financial crisis that i've seen, cleared out a lot of misunderstandings:

http://docs.google.com/TeamPresent?docid=ddp4zq7n_0cdjsr4fn&skipauth=true&pli=1