Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What I've learned... CO-OP 1

So I just had my 5 minute evaluation from my boss... which sort of inspires me to write a little summary of some general observations as well as what I learned at my time here at Finance and things I need to learn in the future to ... generally be awesome (=P):

(I did not list these in order of importance)

1. I like to work - when there is work. I don't seem to mind the type of work, as long I am motivated by the underlining purposes, which I was here. Indolence makes me tired, sick, and creates further lethargic behaviours.
2. I hate not being focused. I can't seem to do personal "work" when I am at work... this better not be some underlining ethics issue, or I shall be pissed.
3. I like my boss. A nice person who's just a little off (which I like!), and whose certain actions makes me giggle. XD. He is very helpful and real... tells it like it is! I appreciate that, more than I knew.
4. Working for the government without understanding French is not fun... I have a sneaking doubt that my boss cannot speak French either. Kudos to us! But learning this language is now a lifetime goal... SOB
5. I really like Post-It Notes, of many sizes. Both doodling and writing actual useful/important correspondences/reminders are AWESOME on Post-Its.
6. I am a perfectionist in regards to REALLY UNimportant things... like scanning a document: if it's tilted just a bit... redo the whole thing (which is like 20 pages). I need to change this outlook.
7. I hate printers. Evidently the feeling is mutual.
8. I like MS Outlook.
9. It takes me an abysmally long time to draft/edit email correspondences. Speed this!
10. I need to be more detail-oriented. I have never understood the full impact of this quality. Now I do. "Minor" mistakes are way too embarassing, when amassed (which I have a tendency to do). I will need to make the radar that are these wandering eyes to be more focused and able to detect those "minor" errors...
11. Talk properly, woman! It's all good in my head. It's all good on paper. My ideas are out there, my points expressed. But this SPEAKER SYSTEM needs MAJOR improvement... maybe some bolts and screws are OFF... ::mumble mumble::


Some other notes outside of work:
1. I LOVE my friends! I LOVE doing new and interesting stuff, whether I'm coerced to it or not! (it's like: no duh =P but it means a lot). I shall seek out new things to do in the future... be coerced as well as coerce others. ;)
2. I dont mind watching movies in theatre by myself... I actually feel more focused that way. YAY District 9!!!


on a still reflective note: I need to read that book yo... and study that evil thing =[


-L

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like your eval went well. Congrats!

5. I agree.
10. Isn't this contradictory to 6? But I know what you mean. Sanity checks are really annoying but really important to do.
11. Yeah, it's hard.

Once again, well done! You survived co-op #1! (well, 2 more days =P)

Boggled said...

no, 6 and 10 are totally diff: minor != unimportant...

ya eval was short and easy, as my boss called it XD