Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gone is the Wisdom, in Place: Pain and Suffering...

Wednesday:

7:25 AM: Wake... eat nothing. brush teeth.

8:05 AM: Get to Dental Surgeon office about 5 minutes late. Fill out insurance... Make new appointment.

8:05 - 8:15?AM: Wait (two others are called in, presumably just checking (because they've already done the deed...)

8:15 - 8:40?AM: Administrative work in THE Chair. Signing the waiver...

8:40ishAM: Inject THE Drug into IV placed on the BACK OF MY HAND... the needle was quite painful... the nurse goes: the worst part is over...

She says, "Think of a peaceful place..."

10:30?AM: I am in a different chair, reclined, in a different room, presumably the waiting to leave room... nurse gives me an ice pack to my face... there are tissue-like gauze sticking out of my mouth...

First thought: who carried me here? what happened.

About 5 minutes later, Mom is ushered in... we stay for 20 minutes more. After I am able to walk to a garbage can 2 meters away and back, I am deemed okay and discharged.

We go home... I take one of the Tylenol 3 given by the surgeon. Mom goes to buy painkillers/antibiotics.

I am fine. Feel no pain. Ice pack is very cold...

2-3 Hours later, I go to washroom to change gauze... apparently standing up combined with that Tylenol I took hours ago was a bad combination... It was chocolate pudding... at least I had relatively good aim...

I am lying down for most of the day... I am bored at night, so I get on computer... lamenting ensues...


Thursday (Now):

8:00AM: I am awakened. Possibly by the light shining through my window? My mouth aches but otherwise pain is reduced from the day before.

9:00AM: I get up, take out gauze, walk around for a bit, get on computer (made Chen morbid)... listened to music... took antibiotic. Waiting for food to cool... which brings me to now... I'm gonna go eat...

To be continued... (maybe)

-L

No comments: