Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to basics.

Recently I considered spending a good few hours each month blogging for international development. The description of the role was to produce 1 blog entry every month dealing with current events, providing full references or videos for full impact.

I was looking at my calendar to set up some time when I realized: how can I blog in such a structured manner when I can't even drop off some random ideas on my own blog here.

I have been neglecting this blog, and I intent to right it here. There's a pun there.


Things have been busy lately with lots of club work, interviews, falling behind in coursework as usual. Also the usual lack of particular social interaction - I'm feeling older and older everyday.


But anyway, something I want to talk about today (I'm in marketing class - I hope he's not saying anything important):

All my interviews have been 30-45 min long, but I've always finished them at least 10 minutes before end time. Looking at the clock tick by at the end of their line of questioning is strangely frustrating - as I've said all I wanted to say but time tells me it wasn't enough. But the dam has closed. There's nothing I can do.

Should I repeat and reword? But it would simply agitate me more. Should I await the awkward silence? Of course, that doesn't help much with my anxiety level either.

Sigh - I can also never prepare for interviews properly - so I stop doing that altogether. I think only applying to jobs I want (i.e. marketing) which deals with topics I know and can ad lib about, makes it easier to ... well, bs. XD

Sigh I think not talking enough will end up debilitating for my job-hunt endeavour. I will attempt to change.


-L

2 comments:

Chen said...

when you RQ, you always write something, i shouldn't be surprised to find this post, but i was :P

Boggled said...

Yes I use my blog as an escapist outlet for when I RQ - since I need to document my failings in life =P and publicly display them to the benefit of your cynicism.