Friday, November 12, 2010

K-Pop Music – Why I Dig It

Just to justify to myself. Which I really don’t need. I’m just bored and it’s late and … I have nothing better to do? XD

- I can’t understand the lyrics, so any crappiness in that department (of which there are plenty instances I’m sure) will be blissfully ignored

- usually have very catchy english snippets (that I sing over and over in between moments of silence to the annoyance of all present)

- the rhythm is awesome – usually in combination with instrumentals (if we’re talking ballad) or electronic beats (if we’re talking dance/regular pop)

- addictive

- the pop stars are funny (through variety shows that they populate) and cool looking (because the poppa companies don’t take no slackers … and pay a ridiculously amount of money to get them into latest trends: shave off one whole half of head, so there!)

- it’s asian. gotta love it.

- the female voices don’t sound as annoyingly high-pitched/cute as j-pop stars; I ignore chinese female singers because of the first point above

- the male voices don’t sound as strangely angry and coarse as the j-pop stars; I ignore chinese male singers because… they honestly can’t sing

- they dance, I like the routines

And finally, on an unrelated note:

J-Rock is Awesome.

-L

No comments: